Still a Larva

The butterfly year. HA! Still kind of feeling like a larva if you ask me. 

How in the world is it already the end of June? Like, I’m asking seriously. I feel like we just sat down with our champagne and watched the ball drop, dreaming of all the things we were planning to accomplish over the next 12 months. 

January felt like it was 365 days long, but February to now feels like it was a weekend that was cut short. 

Now, we’re halfway through the year and I’m all like, “What day is it and why don’t I have any fresh underwear left?”
Writing is my therapy. Sitting down and hitting the keys takes such a weight off my heart and gives me all the feels. All of them. 

Writing is also my job. Literally. I write for my work about 75% of the time – the other 25% is a combination of driving and meetings. 

And here, I started the year with the promise that I’d do more writing for fun and focus on a true transformation within myself. 

What do I have to show for it? A blog I haven’t even looked at since Valentine’s Day and an extra 15 lbs sitting on my hips. 

Honestly, I think part of my absence had to do with the fact that I promised all of these big things for the new year and have delivered on zero of them. 

So, here’s a quick recap of life so far in the life of Miss Meg. Try not to be overly impressed (hardy har har). 

I saw a medium recently (the same one I saw after my Dad passed) and she focused heavily on my personal life. According to her, I will meet the man I’m supposed to be with in a very natural way – ie, in the grocery store; not in the bar. Until then, she told me to continue putting myself out there and met new people because I’m sending the universe vibes that I’m ready to meet someone. 

So, if you need me I’ll be hanging out in the produce aisle at Whole Foods. 

My R+F business has taken a back seat in the Greyhound Bus that is my to-do list. My full-time role is really demanding right now, working on two huge projects with deadlines lingering closely and an intern that I’m trying to really help grow. In fact, even my physical therapist told me that I need to take more breaks and work less at home because the stress is causing severe tension in my shoulders and upper back. I wonder if she’d be willing to take some things off my list. 

I see food. I eat food. I successfully completed Whole30 in January and lost 12 lbs. I felt amaze-balls. Then I drank all of the cabernet and ate all of the cheese I could physically carry out of the store. I wish I was kidding. 

My mouth salivates when I think of roasted/charred broccoli. BUT, the same thing happens when mozzarella sticks are in front of me. I’m still working on finding what program sets my soul on fire. 

I feel like sharing all this will hold me accountable. Life isn’t perfect. Social media has a funny way of making it look like you’ve got your ish together and you’re reaching big goals when behind the scenes, you wearing two different heels to work and you forgot your wallet at home. 

Whether you’re crushing the game right now or feel like you’re the one being crushed, can we all just agree that January-June were “ok” and agree to make July-December “totally freaking awesome”? 

Post a Comment